Are you aware that bad breath, also known as halitosis, is extremely common? It often has many causes, not just those displayed only as the result of the foods we eat. If your oral health routine in mistreated, bacteria has a greater chance to flourish in your mouth. Bad breath results in nasty odors from your mouth stemming from this bacterium. For a list of bad breath causes, see below:
– Your bad breath could be caused by a serious disease such as gum disease, also called periodontal disease, which is the result of an infection within your gum tissue.
– Another sponsor of gum disease is plaque buildup with your mouth. If bacteria can manifest in your mouth, it can cause the odors in control of bad breath.
– Bad oral hygiene routines such as inadequate brushing and flossing techniques often result in plaque buildup and subsequent bad breath symptoms.
– Bad breath could be caused by an inner illness with your body, including respiratory tract infections, as well as liver and kidneys disorders.
– Unhealthy habits such as smoking or chewing tobacco, as well as medications that encourage dry mouth, can be to blame for many bad breath symptoms.
If you would like to discuss a halitosis treatment with Dr. Gayle Fletcher and the rest of our team here at Patient-First Dental Care, please schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Conroe, Texas. Our number is 936-856-9969. We look forward to seeing you smile.